New hospital construction on track

first_imgThe hospital concept also shows the potential for future growth. The hospital has been designed so that many of the departments that might see the most long-term growth are situated on the perimeter of the building.  Consequently, as the city’s population increases, departments like the maternity ward and the emergency area could be easily expanded.Construction on both the hospital and residential care buildings is expected to be fully completed by December of 2011.  Once the project is completed, the hospitals systems and equipment will be tested over a period of several months before patients are eventually moved into the new facility over the summer of 2012. The new Fort St. John hospital and residential care project is well on its way towards completion.Construction staff and city officials gave interested residents an update on the construction’s progression, Thursday.- Advertisement -Much of the duct work and electrical wiring have already been put into certain areas of the hospital.So far, around $115 million has been spent out of the nearly $300 million total project cost, says Tom Sparrow the project director.Throughout 2011, the plan shows that interior work will be completed and some hospital equipment will be moved into the new buildings.  Sparrow says the residential care facility is also expected to be completed by next fall.Advertisementlast_img read more

Solskjaer says no talks yet on long-term Man Utd future

first_img0Shares0000Manchester United’s caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has won all four games as interim manager © AFP/File / Lindsey PARNABYMANCHESTER, United Kingdom, Jan 4 – Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has not yet spoken to Manchester United bosses about extending his stay at Old Trafford beyond the end of the season despite a perfect start to his reign.The Norwegian former striker has won his first four Premier League matches as United manager — a record that only former boss Matt Busby can match. He made clear after the victory at Newcastle this week that he would love to stay in the job beyond the summer, when his loan from Norwegian club Molde is set to expire, but said on Friday that he had not spoken to executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward about that.“It’s early days,” said Solskjaer. “When I came in they were open and honest. They have a process to look for the next manager but the more you’re here the more you enjoy it.“It’s one game at a time, though, and the day they announce the next manager, if it’s me or someone else, then good luck to them.”Solskjaer added that, because of his interim status, he would have only a limited say in United’s January transfer activity.He said he was happy with the squad as it stands and that there was no urgent need to add to it.“The club’s probably had a plan,” he said. “You don’t just plan the next day and next month. This transfer window has probably been planned since the summer and the year before.“The structure here is phenomenal, I’m sure they’ve got their targets. I’m here to voice my opinion on that and I’m sure we’ll sit down, me and Ed, if we’ve got anything in the pipeline.“I’m here to work with the ones I’ve got. They’ve all performed and as long as they perform, they should get a chance. But that’s my job, to improve players and individuals.”Solskjaer is focusing on FA Cup progress against Reading, who are second from bottom of the Championship.The Norwegian won the trophy in 1999 and 2004 as a player with United, and is keen to succeed in the competition as a manager.Paul Pogba is likely to miss the third-round home tie on Saturday with a minor injury.The France midfielder suffered a knock during Wednesday’s 2-0 Premier League victory at Newcastle, having been on the receiving end of a robust challenge by Jonjo Shelvey.Romelu Lukaku, a scoring substitute in United’s past two matches, is likely to be given his first start since Solskjaer replaced Jose Mourinho last month and Alexis Sanchez is also set for his first start since November 7.“I’m not sure if Paul’s going to be ready,” said Solskjaer. “He got a knock against Newcastle. If (Marouane) Fellaini gets through the session today, it’s more or less a full squad.“Definitely, there’ll be a few changes and they’ll get a chance. Some of them are itching now to play of course. It’s a chance to get Lukaku and Sanchez a start. That’s important for them because they need more game time.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

What’s Steph Curry listening to in his headset?

first_imgSo what tops Steph’s fave music for 2019? … Nipsey’s in Steph’s top-5 this year 🔥 pic.twitter.com/Lu2El9ntqZ— Chris Montano (@gswchris) December 5, 2019Golden State Warriors star Steph Curry has been known to have great taste in music. For example, at his 30th birthday party last year he had both Paramore and E-40 perform live. He’s also been seen belting out songs from Hamilton with his daughters in the car. And there was that time when he sang karaoke to Old Town Road.last_img read more

Bullish soybean numbers, corn and wheat follow

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Soybeans are sharply higher as U.S. and world ending stocks decline more than expected. Corn and wheat are up and following soybeans higher. The market had expected bearish numbers. It is hard to find one of those today. Planting delays and wet weather conditions will give Ohio producers much more time today to study the myriad of USDA numbers. With more rain in the forecast they will be watching the screens for price action with greater intensity after the noon report is released. Many parts of Ohio had planting and field work progress over the weekend of less than a half day to almost two days. The rains on Monday brought field work to a grinding halt.Prior to the report corn was unchanged, soybeans were up 18 cents, and wheat was up 1 cent. At 12:15 pm corn was up 9 cents, soybeans up 46 cents, wheat up 3 cents.While everyone knows it is May and planting season, it can easily be forgotten that May brings us the first supply and demand numbers for the 2016-17 crop year. The trade posture has been for lower prices several days this past week. Overall, the trade is expecting bearish numbers.Simply put, there are a lot of numbers today. This headline from a report earlier today sums it up, “Lots of moving parts for supply and demand reports today.” Here are the five key USDA numbers to watch; 2016/17 corn, soybean, and wheat ending stocks, South America 2016 crops, China corn stocks and 2016/17 soybean imports; 2016 US winter wheat production, and the world 2016/17 wheat ending stocks.U.S. corn ending stocks for 2016/17 were estimated at 2.153 billion bushels, the average trade estimate was 2.294 billion bushels. U.S. soybean ending stocks for 2016/17 were 305 million bushels. The average trade estimate was 405 million bushels. Some commercials think the number could get below 300 million bushels with the reduced soybean production in Argentina pushing some demand back to the U.S. U.S. wheat ending stocks for 2016/17 were pegged at 1.029 billion bushels.Soybean production in Brazil was estimated at 99 million tons, down from last month’s 100 million tons. Argentina soybean production was estimated at 56.5 million tons, last month was 59 million tons. In recent weeks there has been much speculation on the size of the Argentina soybean crop. Estimates have ranged from 1 to 8 million tons of reduction. Corn production in Brazil was 81 million tons, last month was 84 million tons. Argentina corn production was 27 million tons, last month was 28 million tons.Keep in mind that USDA tends to be conservative on big changes. Changes are done in a series of small steps with any big change taking months to see in print from USDA. That is why the reduction in Argentina soybean production could take months to develop.China corn stocks were estimated at 224.56 million tons, last month 224.58 million tons. Soybean imports into China for 2016/17 were pegged at 87 million tons. Last month USDA estimated that China would import 83 million tons of soybeans for the 2015/15 season.U.S. Winter wheat production was estimated at 1.427 billion bushels. This came in at roughly the middle of trade expectations. World wheat ending stocks for 2016/17 were estimated at 257.35 million tons.The weekly USDA planting progress from last night had the U.S. corn planting progress at 64%, with U.S. soybeans at 23% planted. Ohio’s corn is 30% planted with little activity the previous week, soybeans planted to date are 8%.Bear in mind that if you expected USDA to change 2016 corn or soybean acres from their March 31 intentions, you are a little early. The June 30 report of U.S. acres will be the next opportunity to see acres revisions take place. In case you are wondering why USDA puts out a supply and demand report for new crop corn and soybeans that are not yet 100% planted, it comes about from the 1970’s when Congress mandated the May report for new crop grains. The mandate came about due to the Great Grain Robbery era when Russia bought quite a bit of U.S. grains. Those announcements did not become public for months. Today any sales above 100,000 tons must be reported within 24 to 48 hours.The market quickly returns to trading weather and planting progress. To date both corn and soybean plantings are above the five-year average. It will likely take two weeks or more of widespread planting delays across the entire Midwest to see any kind of significant rally. So far for 2016 with the huge stocks of grains around the world the market knew it would take a weather problem for grains to rally. We are not in an era of short supplies compared to 2008-2012. Again this week we are seeing reports that mention the “drought” word. They are not new for this spring. Also, named storms for this year’s hurricane season look to be up sharply from previous years. While you don’t typically associate drought and hurricanes together, this year you can. Together they point to the vast uncertainty of weather for the growing season into late August. Don’t forget the weather can indeed change on a dime.Today’s bullish ending stocks will shock end users as they had expected big U.S. and South American production to move prices below $10, $9, and $8. New crop November CBOT soybeans are trading at the $10.55 level. The close today will be most important. Daily price limits for the next six months have soybeans at 65 cents, corn 25 cents, and wheat 35 cents.last_img read more

Remove Arunachal CM and Rijiju: Cong.

first_imgThe Congress on Monday demanded a judicial inquiry by a sitting judge into the violence in Arunachal Pradesh that left at least three people dead and several injured. The party sought the removal of Chief Minister Pema Khandu and Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju for accusing the Congress of “instigating” the people.Senior leader Luizinho Faleiro, former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and Arunachal Pradesh Congress chief Takam Sanjoy submitted a memorandum to Home Minister Rajnath Singh’s office.At a press conference, Mr. Sanjoy accused the BJP government in the State of pursuing divisive politics by first bringing in the Citizenship (Amendment) Act and then deciding to grant permanent residents certificate (PRC) to six tribal communities from outside Arunachal Pradesh. “Why does the BJP want to make Arunachal Pradesh a second Kashmir,” he asked. “Kiren Rijiju has tweeted that the Congress instigated [the protesters]. Mr. Kiren you have to prove it. We have urged the Home Ministry to find out who has instigated,” he said. Alleging that Mr. Rijiju, MP from the State, had failed the people of Arunachal Pradesh by not trying to restore normality, the Congress demanded that Prime Minister Narendra Modi ask him to step down or sack him. PRC issueViolent protests broke out in the State over the decision to grant the PRC to Deoris, Sonowal-Kacharis, Morans, Adivasis and Mishings, who are living in Namsai and Changlang districts of the State and the Gorkhas living in Vijaynagar.Though the State government scrapped its decisions following the protests, the Congress leaders pointed out the situation was tense and Chief Minister Pema Khandu had failed to effectively to handle the situation.last_img read more

Cebu City gov’t rallies behind embattled marathoner Tabal

first_imgMary Joy Tabal. FILE Photo from Cebu Daily NewsCEBU CITY—Should Cebuano marathon sensation Mary Joy Tabal be allowed to join in the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games, the Cebu City government will make sure that she will get the training that she needs for the competition. Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña made an offer for the city to help fund Tabal’s trainings when she visited city hall on Tuesday morning during a courtesy call.She was accompanied by Commissioner Ramon Fernandez of the Philippine Sports Commission, among others.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ BSP survey: PH banks see bright horizon amid dark global recession clouds View comments LATEST STORIES Palace: Duterte to hear out security execs on alleged China control of NGCP Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR Gabuya delivered a privilege speech during the session of the city council on Tuesday afternoon to ask the Philippine Athletics Track and Field Association (Patafa) to explain why Tabal was excluded from the roster of Filipino athletes who would compete in the SEA Games where the Cebuana won silver in 2015.READ: Tabal no longer part of national teamBecause of Gabuya’s speech, the council passed a resolution asking Patafa to include Tabal, the only Filipino to compete in last Olympics marathon, in the lineup.ADVERTISEMENT BREAKING: Cop killed, 11 hurt in Misamis Oriental grenade blast Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Nextcenter_img Every 18 seconds someone is diagnosed with HIV Olympian Ryan Lochte says he thought about suicide after Rio fiasco Cayetano dares Lacson, Drilon to take lie-detector test: Wala akong kinita sa SEA Games The city is just waiting for Tabal to make a formal budget request that will include a breakdown of her training needs and costs, said Councilor Jerry Guardo, head of the council’s sports committee.He added the mayor also made a commitment to “fight” for Tabal’s inclusion in the SEA Games.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutCouncilor Eugenio Gabuya, deputy mayor for sports, said the budget for Tabal’s training can be charged to the mayor’s discretionary fund or Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. funds whichever is available.“As to how much (funding is needed) that is still to be determined,” he added. Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games BREAKING: Cop killed, 11 hurt in Misamis Oriental grenade blast Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’last_img read more