Ballymore & Oxley has released its latest new homes at Royal Wharf, a riverside neighbourhood in London’s Royal Docks. The launch includes two, three and four bedroom duplex apartments, located in the mansion style Compass House building along with apartments in the popular Latitude Building which overlook the River Thames.The new homes include a duplex four bedroom show apartment, interior designed by Milc Style, in Endeavour House, one of the development’s completed buildings. This follows the completion of the first of Royal Wharf’s residential units last year and the arrival of the development’s first residents; completed homes include suites, one, two and three bedroom apartments as well as three and four bedroom townhouses.All units now released for sale are due for completion this year, with some homes ready for occupation by the end of the summer.The new homes are expected to appeal to young families looking for more space whilst still enjoying London life and proximity to the capital’s leisure and work opportunities, the release includes units up to 2,416sq ft in size and are predominately duplex units which work well for family life.London riverside development Riverside development in Royal Docks Royal Wharf development Thames-side development 2017-08-21The Negotiator Related articles Calls for ‘green belt’ to be explained to public29th April 2021 Young entrepreneur launches UK’s first ‘modern’ land buying and selling portal15th April 2021 Retail and pub re-openings sparked newbuild sales homes surge yesterday13th April 2021What’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed. Home » News » Land & New Homes » Thames-side development for young families Thames-side development for young families21st August 20170462 Views
By Emma Kate Fittes [email protected] Amid concerns over low scores on Indiana’s new standardized test, ILEARN, new results from a national exam tell a similar story about student performance.Scores from the National Assessment Educational Progress, or NAEP, released Wednesday, showed 37% of eighth graders statewide were proficient in reading and math, and 37% of fourth graders were proficient in reading and 47% were proficient in math.Those results fall in line with the 2019 ILEARN results, which saw 37.1% of students in Indiana pass both the math and English portions of the exam.While some educators were concerned about the frequent changes to state tests and standards, one expert said that while it’s concerning that only about one-third of students in Indiana are considered at grade level, the similarity means ILEARN is closer to matching the rigor of the national exam. Under previous state tests, Indiana saw much higher percentages of students passing, compared to the national exam.“I think it indicates that Indiana’s test is set to a high level … which is a change,” said Michael Petrilli, president of the Thomas B. Fordham Institute, a conservative national education think tank. “It used to be that basically no state came anywhere close. They’d say 70%-80% of students are proficient. The fact that we now have these results matching means that Indiana really has followed through on its promise to raise standards.”Indiana’s NAEP scores dropped slightly in 2019, mirroring a drop in scores nationally. The national exam, often called the Nation’s Report Card, serves as a way for states to see how they stack up to the rest of the country.In math, Indiana ranks seventh out of 50 states and D.C. for fourth grade and 14th in eighth grade, dropping from sixth and 12th, respectively. The state saw the biggest change in reading, falling to 17th, from 9th, in the rankings for fourth grade and 12th, from sixth, in eighth grade.Ready or Not Join the conversation about college preparation and completion ‘Nation’s Report Card’ Tells A Similar Story To ILEARN — Most Indiana Students Are BehindBY EMMA KATE FITTES for Chalkbeat, Indiana Despite these slides, Indiana remained above the national average in both reading and math and among the top half of states in every category.“As with ILEARN, (national) assessment results are merely a snapshot of performance at a single point in time, and do not provide the total reflection of student achievement,” said State Superintendent Jennifer McCormick in an email statement Tuesday. “Ensuring Indiana students are becoming academically proficient is the goal of the Department and educators across the state.”Nationally, average reading scores were lower for both fourth- and eighth-grade students, compared to 2017. Average math scores increased by one point for fourth graders and declined by one point for eighth-graders.Peggy Carr, the associate commissioner of the National Center for Education Statistics, said this isn’t the first time the country has seen a decline in scores. While the one-point decrease in test scores between 0 and 500 among fourth-grade students is small, the three-point decline among eighth-graders was substantial, federal officials said. While scores fell for students at all levels, they fell furthest for low-achieving students.“As much as 31 states are driving it,” Carr, who oversees assessments for the agency, said of the decreases. “That is a very meaningful decline.”The national assessment is administered every two years to a sample of students nationwide. Some 600,000 students took this year’s exams on tablet computers between January and March. Indiana has more frequently seen its scores stay the same or improve with big jumps in 2013.Petrilli said the results partially reflect what is happening in schools, but are also impacted by larger forces. He believes the country is seeing a decline now because this cohort of students was born or young during the recession. Amid the economic downturn, birth rates slowed, poverty soared, and schools were forced to cut spending.“To me, the picture here is that kids who are born during the Great Recession face some great challenges and that we are still dealing with it,” Petrilli said. “We need schools to do more than they’ve ever done before to help these students achieve.” FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmail Chalkbeat reporters in Detroit and Newark are examining whether students from struggling schools are prepared for college — and whether colleges are prepared for them. Join in!
91, passed away on July 1, 2017 at Peace Care St. Joseph in Jersey City. He was born in Bayonne and was a lifelong resident. He served his country in the United States Marine Corps during WWII and the Korean War. He worked for IMTT of Bayonne for over 30 years before retiring. Alfred was a member of the American Legion F.A. Mackenzie Post # 165, Korean War Veterans Association of Hudson County, The Chosen Few, The Marine Corps League, The Fraternity of Four Chaplins, Mt. Carmel Seniors, life member of the Mt. Carmel Lyceum and the Maidenform Retirees. He was predeceased by his siblings, Estelle Pavlick, Laura Czarnecki and Catherine Knapp. Husband of Lillian (nee: McKenna) Czarnecki. Father of Susan Czarnecki and Donna Cardona and her husband Bo. Also survived by many nieces and nephews and grand nieces and nephews. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to The Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, 18251 Quantico Gateway Dr., Triangle VA, 22172 or at toysfortots.org. Funeral arrangements by S. FRYCZYNSKI & SON Funeral Home, 32-34 E. 22nd St.
…the extra cost consumers pay for healthy foods such as wholemeal bread and brown rice compared with less healthy options; this has gone up from 18% in 1988, according to a survey published in Food Magazine
l Memory Lane CakesWe visit the UK’s biggest premium own-label cakes supplier and find out what Finsbury Foods’ MD Dave Brooks has planned for the rest of the groupl Druckers’ expansion plansManaging director Paul May explains his ambitious plans to expand the Patisserie Valerie brand, and his overall retailing strategyl Cakes, traybakes and slicesThis sector of the market gets our full attention as we analyse the latest trends
Malcolm George Holmes of Vicarsholme Close was due to stand trial on 9 January 2018 at South Tyneside Magistrates’ Court on charges that he failed to supply paperwork concerning the removal of waste. He pleaded guilty and was fined £990 with £2,010 costs.Prosecuting on behalf of the Environment Agency, Chris Bunting told the court that in 2016 Environment Agency officers were investigating illegal waste activities on land at Sheepfolds Road, Sunderland, close to the Stadium of Light.Acting as a property consultant, Holmes had found a tenant for the land on behalf of the landlord. The tenant went on to illegally dump and burn mixed waste on the site.In May 2016, the landowner was given four weeks to clear the waste after it was abandoned by the tenant. During a meeting with officers, Holmes, who continued to act on behalf of the landowner, was given clear instructions that he must retain all waste transfer notes. Waste transfer notes provide proof that waste is disposed of legally via a licensed operator.Although the site was cleared of waste, Holmes failed to supply the waste transfer notes, didn’t respond to a statutory notice requesting the missing documentation and, in court, Holmes admitted he never had the paperwork. The location of the waste, and whether it was legally disposed of, remains unknown.Rachael Caldwell from the Environment Agency said: In December, the former tenant of the site pleaded guilty to his part in the case and was ordered to pay a total of £1,730 in fines & costs. Environmental laws are there to protect communities and the environment from pollution. Businesses getting rid of waste have a legal duty of care to show their waste has been correctly and legally disposed of. We hope this case demonstrates the importance of environmental compliance. Anyone who breaks the rules will be pursued, and where repeated or significant breaches are found, we will prosecute.
The threats this country faces are intensifying and we will not hesitate in defending our skies from acts of aggression. Today (Mon 15 January), RAF Quick Reaction Alert (QRA) Typhoon aircraft scrambled from RAF Lossiemouth to monitor two Russian planes approaching UK airspace. The Russian Blackjack Tupolev Tu-160 long-range bombers were not talking to air traffic control, making them a hazard to all other aviation.The RAF worked closely with NATO partners to monitor the jets as they passed through a variety of international airspace, before they were intercepted by the RAF in the North Sea. Subsequently, our fighters escorted the Russian Blackjacks north, out of the UK’s area of interest. At no time did the Russian bombers enter UK sovereign airspace.Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said: Our excellent RAF tracked the Russian aircraft every step of the way, and they continue to police UK and international airspace every hour of every day, to help keep the British people safe. RAF QRA was launched today because the Russian Military aircraft were not talking to air traffic agencies.The RAF routinely intercept, identify and escort Russian aircraft that transit international airspace within the UK’s area of interest and continue to be on call; 24/7, 365.
notify the government in advanced of collective redundancy proposals comply with the requirement to consult when seeking to rescue or wind up a business provide information on how to ensure legal compliance when electing employee representatives Following responses to a call for evidence, the government will publish guidance to help insolvency practitioners’ and employers consult with staff facing redundancy as a result of their employer’s insolvency.When an employer is proposing to make more than 20 employees redundant within any 90-day period, they have a duty to consult with staff or their representatives over ways to mitigate the impact of the job losses.The employer must also notify the Secretary of State in writing at least 30 days before the redundancies are made.To better understand the difficulties employers face when proposing to make many people redundant in an insolvency process, the government launched a call for evidence in March 2015.Responses were received from a range of groups including lawyers, insolvency practitioners and trade unions and these were captured in a document published in November 2015.Respondents understood that legislation aims to encourage constructive engagement with employees, as well as ensuring the appropriate support mechanisms are available to staff losing their jobs.However, it was acknowledged that the legislation around collective redundancy consultation can be difficult to apply in a real-life insolvency situation where decisions need to be made quickly, there is little money available, options are limited and attention is focused on attempts to rescue the business.Additionally, this may be the first time employers have ever dealt with a collective redundancy situation, which can be daunting while navigating both insolvency and employment law, all while the business is in financial distress.In response, the government has approved a package of non-legislative measures to help insolvent employers and insolvency practitioners engage with staff when proposing large scale redundancies.New guidance will set out minimum expectations for insolvency practitioners to:
Our servicemen and women make a huge contribution to the communities and the economy of Scotland. The plans will protect around 8,000 personnel who would otherwise be negatively affected by the income tax hikes. Personnel will be compensated with an annual payment to make sure that all troops, regardless of where they are deployed or where their families are based, will pay the same income tax.Following the announcement of Scottish Government’s tax changes, in March Mr Williamson ordered work to start on how the Ministry of Defence would mitigate the impact, following concerns that the changes could result in Scotland becoming a less attractive place for military personnel to be posted to.The measures announced today will protect nearly three quarters of all armed forces personnel liable for Scottish Income Tax and will help with recruitment and retention, particularly as many of those affected are personnel with specialist skills, such as aircraft and submarine engineers.Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said: That’s why we have taken this urgent action to ensure that our troops are treated equally and fairly. It is completely wrong for the brave men and women of our Armed Forces to be punished for serving in Scotland by unfair raids on their pay packets by the Scottish Government. The MOD will continue to review the situation each year and make decisions each tax year as to whether the difference between Scottish tax and tax elsewhere in the UK is sufficient to warrant financial mitigation. The annual cost to the MOD for Tax Year 2018/19 is expected to be £4 million.Minister for Defence People and Veterans Tobias Ellwood said: Scotland, and military personnel who have made Scotland their home, play a key role in our nation’s defence. Whether it’s working on our nuclear deterrent, protecting NATO airspace, or building local security expertise in the Middle East, Scotland-based troops are engaged right now in protecting the UK and its allies. Scotland Secretary David Mundell said: The Scottish Government’s decision to make Scotland the most highly taxed part of the UK means they would be unfairly penalised and it’s absolutely right that the UK Government has taken steps to address that. Be payable to all regular personnel who pay Scottish Income Tax, regardless of where in the world they are serving. Mitigation payments of between £12 and £1,500 will be paid. Cover personnel for tax year 2018/19 and will be a single payment made retrospectively The case for financial mitigation will be reviewed annually I’m proud that the UK Government recognises the sacrifices our Armed Forces make across the United Kingdom and the world, and that today we can reassure our service personnel that they will not be left hundreds of pounds out of pocket because of decisions taken by the Scottish Government. The financial mitigation measures will: Scotland plays an important role in UK Defence supporting over 10,000 industry jobs and is renowned for building the world’s finest warships including the UK’s new aircraft carriers and the Royal Navy’s state-of-art Type-26 frigates.Scotland also benefits from £1.6 billion investment in local industry and an average of £290 expenditure per person each year. Some of the most important national defence capabilities including HM Naval Base Clyde, home to Britain’s nuclear deterrent and hunter-killer submarines and RAF Lossiemouth defending the UKs airspace with its three Typhoon combat aircraft squadrons and 51st Infantry Brigade.
Highways England has also announced the appointment of Carolyn Battersby as the shareholder appointed non-executive director for a three-year period. Carolyn has worked for UKGI since 2011. Prior to this, she held business development and investment roles with a number of private companies.Highways England is responsible for operating, maintaining and modernising more than 4,300 miles of motorways and major trunk roads in England, and is delivering the Government’s £15 billion road investment programme.General enquiriesMembers of the public should contact the Highways England customer contact centre on 0300 123 5000.Media enquiriesJournalists should contact the Highways England press office on 0844 693 1448 and use the menu to speak to the most appropriate press officer. Roger Lowe has been re-appointed as a non-executive director to the Board. Roger worked for UK Government Investment (UKGI) until February 2019 and was until then the shareholder appointed non-executive director and senior director.He now works with communications firm Capstar Advisers. He has previously worked in industry as Group Director of Corporate Finance at leading international engineering company, TI Group plc. Roger started his career in Investment Banking at Lazard where he spent eleven years in corporate finance.Roger has been re-appointed to the Board as a non-executive director for a period of two years with an option to extend for one further year and will serve as the Senior Director to the Board.